Mission: Penal legion squad has 21 days to prepare a tunnel with the end-chamber filled with explosives to demolish the orc fortress on the dawn of the charge of the Imperial Guard army. Destruction of the fortress is imperative for the success of frontal assault.
WS 35 BS 35 S 35 T 35 Ag 35 Int 28 Per 31 WP 25 Fel 25
Movement: 3/6/9/18 Wounds: 10 Faith Points: 2
Armour: Orange Penal Legion Flak Armour (4 All) Total TB: 3
Skills: Awareness (Per), Athletics (S), Common Lore (Imperium, War) (Int), Dodge (Ag), Operate Vehicle (Ground) (Ag), Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int), Stealth (Ag), Trade (Miner)
Talents: Weapon Training (Universal melee, Solid, Las), Nerves of Steel, Penal LLegionrRapid Reload, Takedown
Weapons available for the squad:
(Comissar Erwin Gotha ) Chainsword One-Handed Melee – Chain 1d10+2 R; Pen 2; Balanced, Tearing
(Comissar Erwin Gotha ) Autopistol Range 30m; S/-/6; 1d10+2 I; Pen 0; Clip 18; Reload 1 Full;
(Convict 113, PC: Piipari) Laspistol Range 30m; S/2/-; 1d10+2 E; Pen 0; Clip 7/30; Reload Half; Reliable
(Convict110, PV: Ville) Combat Shotgun Basic – Solid Projectile Range 30m; S/3/-; 1d10+4 I; Pen 0; Clip 6; Reload 1 Full; Two handed; Scatter, Ammuntion belt: 9 ammo
(Available for all) Shovel; one handed melee; 1d6+1 I; Pen: 0
Gear: Orange penal legion uniform, explosive collar, respirator
- Comissar Erwin Gotha Autopistol, explosive collar controller, chainsword, shock baton, stims, mustache care-kit DEAD Killed by collapsing tunnel day 21
Penal squad of 20 convicts (2 left in a service of the Emperor)
- Convict 100 “Ears” Shovel, stethoscope, stims DEAD Killed by collapsing tunnel Day 21
- Convict 101 DEAD Executed by the commissar to raise the squad morale Day 1
- Convict 102 “Grandpa” Shovel, stims DEAD Killed by collapsing tunnel day 21
- Convict 103 “Aristocrat” Shovel, stims DEAD Detonated when charging an orc. Day 20
- Convict 104 DEAD Crushed by a collapsing tunnel Day 5
- Convict 105 “Musician” Shovel, stims, two spoons DEAD Detonated when charging an orc. Day 20
- Convict 106 DEAD Killed by a marauding orc Day 9
- Convict 107 DEAD Killed by a marauding orc Day 5
- Convict 108 “Mute” Shovel, stims DEAD Killed by collapsing tunnel Day 21
- Convict 109 “Foreigner” Shovel, stims DEAD Killed by collapsing tunnel Day 21
- Convict 110 “Shotgun” Blast caps, shotgun, stims, PC: Ville
- Convict 111 DEAD Killed in combat by the detonation of an explosive collar Day 9
- Convict 112 “Retard” Shovel, stims DEAD Executed by comissar for stealing Day 16
- Convict 113 “Unwelcomed” The rat in a cage, empty first aid kit, laspistol, good quality belt, 2 stims PC: Piipari
- Convict 114 DEAD Killed by a marauding orc Day 9
- Convict 115 “Preacher” Shovel, stims, daily prayer DEAD Detonated as trying to leave the presence of the comissar Day 20
- Convict 116 DEAD Drug overdose at showers Day 10
- Convict 117 “Ganger” Shovel, Stims, Huge DEAD DEAD Killed by collapsing tunnel Day 21
- Convict 118 DEAD Killed by a marauding orc Day 5
- Convict 119 DEAD Suicide by hanging Day 8
- Convict 120 DEAD Executed by the commissar to raise the squad morale Day 9
- “Corporal Sqejk”, the rat, well fed
Current situation: Mission day 1/21 Fortress detonated and survivors are swiped by collapsing floor to underground cavern.
As a Half Action or when making a Charge Attack the
character may declare that he is attempting a takedown against
an opponent in melee combat. He then roll to hit (using his
Weapon Skill) as normal; using any modifiers for weapons and
talents (or the +20 bonus from Charging). If the character
hits and would have done at least one point of Damage (after
reduction for Armour and Toughness) it is ignored, but the
character’s opponent must make a Challenging (+0) Toughness
Test or be stunned for 1 round and knocked prone. In addition,
when performing a Stun Action, the character does not suffer a
–20 penalty to his Weapon Skill
The firing ranges and weapon drill chambers are the
character’s constant abode, and hours of reloading countless
magazines or power cells means that he can replace them
without looking and without thinking. The character halves
all reload times, rounding down. Thus, Half Action reload
become a Free Action, a Full Action reload becomes a Half
Action and so on.
NERVES OF STEEL
Long years on the battlefield enable the character to remain
calm as fire rains down all around him. The character may
re-roll failed Willpower Tests to avoid or recover from Pinning.
In addition is seldom impressed by the aggressive displays
of his enemies and gains a +10 to Willpower Tests when
resisting the effects of enemy Intimidation Skill attempts.
Speech of commissar Erwin Gotha at arrival to the trenches:
“By the mercy of the Emperor you have been granted a chance to redeem your sins.
You stand here as branded convicts of the Penal Battalion, marked by your crimes against the Imperium.
But make no mistake, your penance will not come in the form of a quick and painless death by the firing squad.
Today you have been given the opportunity to re-new your worth to the Emperor, to earn the forgiveness for your deviation.
You will dig ahead for our brave Imperial Guard soldiers, preparing the charge against the enemies of the Imperium.
You will face the fiercest foes and the deadliest conditions where from you must emerge victorious.
You will toil with the bravery and determination of true followers of the Imperium,
knowing that your actions underground will determine your fate and the fate of entire regiments of Imperial Guard.
Remember this, men, women and abhumans of the Penal Battalion: the Imperium demands your service.
The fate of this world and the safety of His dominion depends on your success.
So go forth, and sweat and fight with all your might.
Prove to the Emperor that you are worthy of redemption in his eyes and that you are loyal servants of the Imperium!”
- Commissar Erwin Gotha commands a volunteer convict to step to his side. A convict with most DoF on WP check submits to the command.
- The commissar executes the convict with a head-shot and continues:
“And if you lack the required courage or stamina for the work set upon you by the benevolent Emperor,
then I, Commissar Erwin Gotha, His wrath, will be there to remind you of your duties.”
Comissar Erwin Gotha
WS 35 BS 35 S 30 T 35 Ag 35 Int 40 Per 40 WP 45 Fel 45
Movement: 3/6/9/18 Wounds: 18
Armour: Carapace Chestplate (Body 6). Total TB: 3
Skills: Athletics (S), Awareness (Per) +10, Charm (Fel) +10, Command (Fel) +10, Common Lore (Imperium, Imperial Guard, War) (Int), Dodge (Ag), Inquiry (Fel) +10, Interrogation (WP) +10, Intimidate (S) +10, Linguistics (High Gothic, Low Gothic), Scholastic Lore (Judgement, Tactica Imperialis) (Int) +10, Scrutiny (Per) +10.
Talents: Air of Authority, Cold Hearted, Nerves of Steel, Summary Execution, Unshakeable Faith.
Weapons: Power Fist (Melee; 2d10+6 E; Pen 9; Power Field, Unwieldy), Bolt Pistol (Pistol; 30m; S/2/–; 1d10+5 X; Pen 4; Clip 8; Reload Full; Tearing), Shock Baton.
Gear: Commissar’s uniform, personal encrypted comm-link, refractor field, 4 clips for Bolt Pistol.
Type: Half Action
Cost: 300 xp
Effect: The Commissar begins to see his men falter before their enemy, and must use his Bolt Pistol to reinforce the
reason they fight. If any character within range of the Commissar fails WP check versus Pinning, Fear, the Commissar may perform a Summary Execution on that any character. The Commissar makes a Challenging (+0) Ballistics
Skill Test to fire on the squad member. If he succeeds, he kills the squad member, and properly motivates all the other squad membersto fight on. All squad members may re-roll failed WP check with +10 bonus. The commissar may repeat the action second time to give an additional +10 bonus.