Auxiliary energy production components
-Not suitable to power up Void Shields Array, Lance Weapon, Nova Cannon or Gellar field. This disadvantage is caused by inbuild No Peak Resistance.
- Fission Genatorium Pow: +2 Space: 1
- Flux Generator Pow: +5 Space: 4
- Auxiliary Plasma Banks Pow: 8-10 Space: 5-6, In to the Storm, page 159
- Smelting Furnace Pow: +25 Space: 8
- Chemical Procession Facility Pow: +10 Space: 6
- Emergency Energy Reserves Pow: 2-3 Space: 1-2, Hostile acquisition, page 73
- Lux Net, Pow: +10 Space: 2, Bettlefleet Koronus page 38
Even if a core does not need supervision of a tech-priest, it’s ignition is a holy rite that an any humble technomat willingly leaves to the masters of arcane technology.
- Fission Core, Power: +20 Space: 3, lifetime 50 years
Core traits: Requires supply of a nuclear materials, High Pollution, No Maintenance, Short Lifetime, Unstable.
- Fusion Core, Power: +30 Space: 6, lifetime 200 years
Core traits: Low Pollution, Low Maintenance, Low Peak Resistance.
- Plasma Core, Power: +60 Space: 12, lifetime 1.000 years.
Core traits: High Power Output, Constant Maintenance.
Non-standard habitation cores
- Tidal Core, Power output: 70 Space: 10, Lifetime: Unlimited
Core traits: Requires water-world with moon, Archaotech, No Pollution.
- Tectonic Core, Power output: 100 Space: 20, Lifetime: Unlimited
Core traits: Requires volcanic activity, Archeotech, No Pollution, Unstable.
- Anti-matter Core/Drive, Power output: 120 Space: 8, Lifetime: Unknown
Core traits: Archeotech, Requires Fuel (Anti-matter), High Power Output, High Peak Resistance, unstable (x5).
- Psi Core, Power output: 10 x Psy Rating of drained psyker Space: 5, Lifetime: Unknown (psykers TB amount of years?)
Core traits: Requires psykers, Archeotech/Heretical/Xenos origin, High peak resistance, No pollution, Risk of malfunction.
- Warp Core/Drive, Power output: Unlimited in theory, depends on a fuel source used. Space: 30, Lifetime: Unknown
Core traits: Heretical/Xenos origin, requires Forbidden lore (warp) for re-configuration, requires fuel (rituals, sacrifices, bound deamon, Imperial relics etc), High Power Output, High Peak Resistance, Risk of Malfunction, High Pollution, Unstable (x3).
- Black Hole Core/Drive, Theoretical
Core traits: Unstable (x10), Archeotech
- Gravity Core/Drive, Theoretical
Core traits: No pollution, Archeotech
- Perpetual Motion Core/Drive, Lost technology
Core traits: No maintenace, No pollution, Archeotech
Configurations of Power Cores
Not available for star vessel drives (as they are hard-wired to Military configuration) or auxiliary energy sources (as they are to simple to have alternative configurations).
Gain core traits: No Maintenance, Long Lifetime, Low Power
Gain core traits: No Maintenance, High pollution, High Power
Gain core traits: Low Maintenance, High Power, Low Peak Resistance
Gain core traits: High Power, High Peak Resistance, Constant Maintenance, Malfunction Risk
Gain core traits: High Peak Resistance, Fast Re-routing
Gain core traits: Low Peak Resistance, Long Lifetime, Low Pollution, Low Maintenance
Gain core traits: Choose High Peak Resistance, High Power or Fast Re-routing. Gain core traits High Pollution and Risk of malfunction.
-A power core may have only an one configuration on at a time. The changing of a configuration requires Tech-Use or Forbidden Lore (Archeotech) skill check from a technomat, an enginseer or a tech-heretic activating the reconfiguration of a power core.
- Low Power: Core Power output divided by 2
- High Power: Core Power output multiplied by 1,5
- Low Peak Resistance: 1/10 of core Power can be routed to gellar field, weapons and shields. Powering of lance weapon or nova cannon impossible.
- High Peak Resistance: 1/2 of core Power can be routed to weapons and shields.
- No Peak Resistance: No power can be routed to weapons or shields.
- No Pollution: No increased risk of mutations in population.
- Low Pollution: Lower risk of mutation in population
- High Pollution: Higher risk of mutation in population. Regular waste deposits of radiactive etc. materials.
- No Maintenance: Does not require supervision from a tech-priest after ignition of a core.
- Low Maintenance: A core does not need constant supervision from a tech-priest.
- Constant Maintenance: Requires constant supervision of enginseer. Core cannot be reconfigured to autonomous, colony or extended configurations.
- Short Life-time: Configuration stresses the structure of a core so that it’s estimated lifetime is halved.
- Long Life-time: Configuration of a core safeguard it against stress and it’s lifetime is multiplied by 10.
- Fast Re-routing: Used in space ships and fortresses to safeguard core against critical malfunctions of components.
- Malfunction Risk: When core is re-configured 3+ DoF on tech use check causes a core to explode.
- Archeotech: Repairing and powering up requires Forbidden lore (Archeotech) check.
- Unstable: If hit by critical chance of explosion 50%, if explodes 1d10 hull damage and component is set on fire.
- Hard-wired: STC configuration of core/drive is set when core/drive is built and it cannot be re-configured.
If core and configuration include opposite traits, in example Plasma core gives automatic high power output and Autonomous configuration gives low power output, the effects cancel each other.
Star fortress genatorium Rogue Trader corebook page ?
Pow: +50 Space: 6, unique power core which is fitting only for STC star fortresses.
Above is a link to list of Drive components from official Rogue Trader books. Effects of drive configuration are already included to a drive stats.
Star vessel or fortress drive configurations cannot be changed as the systems are perfected at dockyard for Hardwired, High power output, High peak resistance and Fast-rerouting but require Constant supervision.